Cost Control Analyst, Dover North Commercial Project
Reporting to the Project Control Lead, the Cost Control Analyst, Dover North will be responsible in supporting the Dover North project by proactively providing, receiving and processing information for analysis of time and costs for all Contracts and Purchase Orders and will provide assistance as well on the following activities: AFE preparation, work breakdown structures, (WBS), developing baseline budgets of total install costs (TIC), cost break down structures (CBS), cost coding, tracking commitments, expenditures and forecasting.
This position is based in Calgary however, business travel may be required during the projects life cycle.
- Provide project control support (schedule and cost) by monitoring the contractor’s activities from a scope, cost and schedule perspective and identify potential issues, risk and trends in a timely manner such that the Project Control Lead can take the appropriate action.
- Follow up contractor’s monthly reports and assists in the preparation of cost and progress reports.
- Lead the monitoring, reviewing and analysis of all cost and status of Contractors during all phases of the project, including the analysis of any deviations and corrective actions.
- Identify cost trends, schedule impacts and work closely with the Project Control Lead to resolve issues and keep schedule and budget information up to date.
- Review Vendor and Contractors’ invoices for accuracy and verify budget availability.
- Interface with the supply chain management group to facilitate and expedite important documentation such as request for quotations, change request, change orders, amendment to contracts, purchase orders close out, etc.
- Support the Project Control Lead in development of Project Controls standards and procedures.
- As required, responsible to organize and maintain the Project Controls Data and related Commercial Documentation including proper archiving of both electronic and paper format. In addition, provide to document control for input into Coreworx.
- Prepare, review and/or input data as applicable into the project controls systems (e.g. Prism, Excel, etc) required for cost and progress reporting on a monthly basis.
- Participate on an as required basis in Contractor’s review meetings and follow up of meeting minute action items.
- Provide assistance in producing reports as well as in assembling change notices, change orders, and closing out of purchase orders and contracts.
- Specific knowledge is required in the areas of project costs, scheduling as well as in the supply chain management process.
- Aptitude for understanding technical documents related to engineering and construction to ensure project estimates and budgets remain current and change management supports project objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, PMP, AACEI certifications would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management including Purchase Orders and Contracts is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years proven and progressive project controls experience.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environment regulations would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel is a requirement.
- Experience in verifying terms and conditions in purchase orders and contracts is a requirement.
- Experience in development of procedures and audit participation would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in Prism G2 system would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional planning, organization and negotiation skills.
- Motivated, a positive can-do attitude and a desire to grow job in responsibility.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate data, including highly technical information, and communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and handle tight deadlines
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.