Junior Cost Controller
Reporting to the Pipelines & Infrastructure Project Controls Lead, the Pipelines & Infrastructure Junior Cost Controller will be responsible for supporting the project by proactively providing, receiving and processing information for analysis of time and costs for all Contracts and Purchase Orders and will also provide assistance on the following activities: AFE preparation, work breakdown structures, (WBS), developing baseline budgets of total install costs (TIC), cost break down structures (CBS), cost coding, tracking commitments, expenditures and forecasting.
1. Provide cost control support by monitoring the contractor’s activities from a scope, cost and schedule perspective and identify potential issues and trends in a timely manner such that the Project Control Lead can take the appropriate action:
a. Follow up contractor’s monthly reports and assist in the preparation of cost and progress reports.
b. Monitor, review and analyze all cost and status of Contractors during all phases of the project, including the analysis of any deviations and corrective actions.
c. Identify cost trends and work closely with the Project Control Lead and Planner / Scheduler to resolve issues and keep schedule and budget information up to date.
d. Review Vendor and Contractors’ invoices for accuracy and verify budget availability.
e. As required, responsible to organize and maintain the Project Controls Data and related Commercial Documentation including proper archiving of both electronic and paper format. In addition, provide to document control for input into Coreworx.
f. Prepare, review and/or input data as applicable into the project controls systems (e.g. Prism, Excel, etc) required for cost and progress reporting on a monthly basis.
g. Provide assistance in producing reports as well as in assembling change notices, change orders, and closing out of purchase orders and contracts.
h. Follow up on meeting minute action items.
2. Work with all groups to all information is disseminated to the appropriate groups/individuals to ensure compliance with all Dover processes and procedures:
a. Ensure project estimates and budgets remain current and change management supports project objectives.
b. Interface with the supply chain management group to facilitate and expedite important documentation such as request for quotations, change request, change orders, amendment to contracts, purchase orders close out, etc.
c. Maintain compliance with standards and expectations concerning safety.
• Experience with Supply Chain Management including Purchase Orders and Contract is an asset.
• Basic Project Controls experience
• Knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environment regulations would be an asset.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel is a requirement.
• Familiar in verifying terms and conditions in purchase orders and contracts.
• Knowledge in Prism G2 system is an asset
• Computer literate. Experienced with Microsoft Windows, Word and Power Point
• Planning and organizing skills.
• Motivated, outstanding positive can-do attitude and desire to grow job in responsibility.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to quickly assimilate data, including highly technical information, and communicate within all levels within the organization.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to manage interface between internal and external organizations.
• Attention to detail.
• Proactive and creative.
• The ideal candidate needs to be highly motivated, proactive and flexible, organized and have the ability to deal with tight deadlines and ongoing changing requirements.
• Business travel to site on an as required basis.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.