Commissioning and Start-up Coordinator
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Commissioning and Start-up (C&SU) Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing the Commissioning and Start Up deliverables for the MacKay River and Dover Commercial Projects. The objectives of this role include a seamless start up and transition to the sustained operations of the Field, Central Processing and Utilities facilities in line with the business premises. This position is key to the successful handover of the new assets from Projects to Operations and to the successful commissioning and start-up of the new operating systems with a final handover to the permanent Operations organization.
1. Develop C&SU Strategy and Plans within a tight deadline:
a. Implementing the C&SU resource plan; organizational structure, hiring plan, competence development and training plan.
b. Setting-up and management of the C&SU budget and schedule.
c. Detailing and implementation of the operating modes and operating procedures.
d. Defining and acceptance (turnover of care, custody and control) planning of the operating systems.
e. Providing critical expertise in the function.
2. Prior to start-up of the facility, ensure all proper arrangements are in place:
a. Defining, developing and deploying a flawless start-up.
b. Setting-up a work permits plan.
c. Setting-up the vendors support plan, spare parts and consumable inventory.
3. Work with cross-functional teams to meet Dover’s objectives:
a. Providing direct training, coaching and mentoring to Operating and Maintenance personnel.
b. Matching project implementation expectations with realistic project deliverables, commissioning and start-up plans and monitor progress.
c. Providing direction, ensuring alignment and effective communications across the project with respect to the Operation Readiness requirements.
d. Working with the Project team to ensure Operations requirements is provided in a cost effective manner while meeting project objectives.
• Experience: Seasoned (+15 years) Operations professional with a background in operations, maintenance and technical management with demonstrable experience in the areas of interest for the job.
• Working experience on part of Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front line oil production operations is desirable.
• Exposure to Heavy Oil SAGD operations and/or project experience will be of an advantage. In addition, experience in working in remote field locations (e.g. winter environments) would be an advantage.
• C&SU experience with staff development and team leadership.
• Operation activity planning, execution control and reporting skills for demonstration of C&SU activity progress.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.