Shift Team Coordinators (2)
Reporting to the Steam & Utility and Production Superintendent’s, the Shift Team Coordinator provide strong visible leadership within the Shift Operations group in the areas of safety, sustainable development, cost control, revenue generation and organizational effectiveness by managing the process and securing the resources to effectively manage Operations. The Shift Team Coordinator will take a primary leadership role within the facility and is accountable to the Operations Superintendent’s for the shift team.
This position will initially be based out of Calgary and will transitionto Ft. McMurray, MacKay River Facility as a camp position working a 7/7 schedule prior to start up of the facility.
• Responsible for the leadership, team control and mentoring/coaching of Shift Team Operators.
• Takes a leadership role in ensuring Plant Safety; this includes ensuring that each Plant Operation (Field, Process and Utilities Units) is operating at an optimum level in the areas Safety, Plant Efficiencies and Environmental Standards.
• Assists and coaches the Operators on providing a safe work environment and maintaining an efficient unit.
• Maintains a good working relationship with all support groups in the facility.
• Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all facility HSE and safe operating practices/policies and help foster key safety values within the Operations group.
• Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all business systems that affect the operation of the facility with specific attention to the utilities areas.
• Preference given to 2nd Class Power Engineer certificate or higher.
• 5-10 years of experience in a SAGD operation, relevant Oil and Gas experience would be an asset.
• Proficient in using MS office word and excel.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment.
• Knowledge, skill and ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
• Ability to speak and write clearly, listen effectively and get messages across that have the desired effect.
• Think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and generates required steps to ensure success.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.