Shift Team Coordinator
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the Shift Team Coordinator provides strong visible leadership within the Shift Operations group in the areas of safety, sustainable development, cost control, revenue generation and organizational effectiveness by managing the process and securing the resources to effectively manage Operations.
The Shift Team Coordinator will take a primary leadership role within the facility and is accountable to the Operations Superintendent’s for the shift team.
- Responsible for the leadership, team control and mentoring/coaching of Shift Team Operators.
- Takes a leadership role in ensuring Plant Safety; this includes ensuring that each Plant Operation (Field, Process and Utilities Units) is operating at an optimum level in the areas Safety, Plant Efficiencies and Environmental Standards.
- Assists and coaches the Operators on providing a safe work environment and maintaining an efficient unit
- Maintains a good working relationship with all support groups in the facility.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all facility HSE and safe operating practices/policies and help foster key safety values within the Operations group.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all business systems that affect the operation of the facility with specific attention to the utilities areas.
- 2nd Class Power Engineer certificate or higher
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a SAGD operation
- Additional Oil and Gas experience is considered an asset.
- Proficient in using MS office word and excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment
- Knowledge, skill and ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results
- Ability to speak and write clearly, listen effectively and get messages across that have the desired effect
- Think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and generates required steps to ensure success
- This position is a "Fly in/Fly out" rotation and is based at the MacKay River operation, which is a remote site located approximately 85 KM’s NW of Fort McMurray and is approximately a 1.5 hour drive to site.
- This position is on a 7 & 7 rotation.
- Air transportation is provided from our designated hubs in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Camp accommodations are provided.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.