Quality Assurance Specialist
Reporting to the Chief Inspector, the QA/QC Specialist will be responsible for performing or assisting in a variety of quality control and inspection work, related to a specific discipline, ensuring all standards, specifications, codes and regulations are met. This role is responsible for the execution of quality programs for Project Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Operations for the development of the MacKay River Commercial Project, an in situ Oilsands project. This position will be based in Calgary.
Monitor and execute quality assurance and quality control through the project life cycle: engineering, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance.
- Ensure contractor’s qualifications and quality documentation submissions as suitable for construction, repairs and inspections.
- Participate in internal and external quality control audits.
- Assist in reviewing purchasing documents thus ensuring compliance with quality control requirements.
- Provide feedback to the Chief Inspector on issues that may arise, or trends that that may affect the quality assurance of the product.
- Provide technical assistance in prescribing specifications for the design, repair and alteration of pressure equipment.
- Provide technical support in the design aspects of inspection and maintenance of pressure equipment in accordance with provincial pressure equipment safety programs.
- Ensure documentation is clear, precise and accurate.
- Supporting both an operating facility and support of major projects.
Assist in the development and understanding of the company quality control program, standards, procedures and codes.
- Assist in the development of corrosion monitoring and mitigation plans.
- Assist in the development and maintain the company’s QA/QC specifications, standards, procedures and work processes.
- Assist in the development of the Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Program, Piping Integrity Management Program and Pipeline Integrity Management Program.
- Assist in the training and compliance to Integrity Management Programs.
- A Technical Institute Certificate in a related discipline, a Journeyman Trade Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with EPC and in-service inspections (pressure equipment, boilers, fired heaters, tanks, PSVs, pressure piping and pipeline). Preferred in oil and gas industry.
- Hold CSA W178.2 Level 2 certificate.
- API -510 and ABSA in-service pressure vessel inspection certification. API -570,API-653 and CGSB certifications are an asset.
- Familiar with the applicable codes, standards, requirements and best industry practices: CSA, ASME, AWS, API, NACE, ABSA etc.
- Practical experience with inspection and testing plans (ITPs), welding, welding inspection and non-destructive testing (NDT).
- Ability to work in fast paced, flexible environment. A self-starter with attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to and work at site for an extended duration as needed.
- Strong English written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.