Electrical Project Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Senior Electrical Engineer will provide electrical engineering support through design, implementation and maintenance phases of Dover’s assets. This position is based in Calgary.
1. Execute design and implementation phases for all electrical activities:
a. Provide input to and prepare conceptual detailed engineering designs.
b. Preparing electrical project schedules for engineering, construction and commissioning activities.
c. Designing plant distribution systems.
d. Developing detailed electrical specifications for the project.
e. Performing progress reports.
f. Preparing bid package and reviewing Engineer Production Construction phases.
g. Reviewing and approving technical specifications, drawings, design reports and tender packages for major equipment etc.
h. Monitoring contractor performance.
i. Assisting in the development of installation, hookup, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start up procedures.
j. Interfacing with ATCO Electric to coordinate installation of new services installations.
k. Assisting in the development of cost estimates for the project.
2. Support operating facilities once the company is in production phases:
a. Trouble shooting any electrical issues that arise.
b. Creating and improving on efficiencies.
c. Maximizing plant uptime.
d. Ensuring maintenance and reliability requirements have been addresses for repairs, plans changes and major equipment purchases.
e. Maintaining adherence to the Electrical Quality Management Plan for Oil Sands, including working with inspection agencies and addressing all electrical non-compliance items identified from audits or regular inspections.
f. Ensuring, through all stages, the successful adherence to HSSE policy and procedures.
• Minimum recognized degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
• Minimum 8+ years experience.
• Active professional member or eligible for professional membership with APEGGA.
• SAGD experience is considered an asset.
• Working knowledge of applicable Canadian and Industry Codes and Standards.
• Expertise in the design, specification, testing, installation and operation of electrical and safety systems.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.