Contracts Specialist – Projects
Reporting to the Director of Procurement and working closely with the Director of Projects, the Contracts Specialist (Projects) will provide support to major projects within Brion Energy; this includes providing value added professional contracts service by leading and managing the commercial aspects of the Project contract development process. The project activity will include both capital construction and drilling. As such there will be a requirement to interface closely with the Drilling Contract Specialist in support of the main drilling. This position is based in Calgary.
Responsible for managing the commercial contracting process and components in support of major projects, including:
- Participating in the formulation, development, implementation, and revision of contracting policies and procedures, and developing and implementing Major Project Sector strategies and Sector Management Processes.
- Working with the Project Manager and Project Management Team (PMT) on the overall project contracting strategy.
- Understanding contractor marketplace opportunities and threats and managing them within the context of the business needs.
- Compiling sector specific source lists.
- Coordinating tender pre-qualification and selection process and participating in contractor pre-qualification reviews.
- fWorking with the PMT to develop the Invitation to Tender (ITT) package as well as coordinating communication with tenderer(s) during the tender period.
- Analyzing tenders and negotiating with tenderer(s) to resolve all contractual terms and conditions and pricing issues during the tender evaluation period.
- Preparing final contract documents – including frame agreements, reimbursable and lump sum type arrangements;
- Obtaining functional review of all contract documents (e.g. Legal, Audit, Control, etc.).
- Supporting post-award management of contractors, including performance reviews, claims resolution and contract-close-out activity.
- Analyzing and collating Contractor Performance data to support the contractor selection process.
- Capture Lesson Learned and Opportunities for current and future projects.
- Providing/supporting expertise on development of Project Owners assurance procedures and governance processes (i.e. PEP, Gates, etc.).
Develop and execute administrative routines that align with the project’s procedures, goals and objectives:
- Monitor the approval process and verify compliance with invoicing and payment process.
- Coordinate the Change Control process, including: Amendments, Change Orders and other changes.
- Review the contractor's proposed Subcontractor Plan and Procedures.
- Coordinate the resolution of Contractor claims and the issue of any notice of suspension, cancellation, and / or termination in line with contract terms.
As part of the procurement team, lead and manage the commercial aspects of the major projects contract development process, including:
- Participating in the formulation, development, implementation, and revision of contracting policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Developing corporate long term and short term Dover odel pre-qualification, tender and contract documents.
- Responsible for the provision of a value added professional contracts service by leading and managing the commercial aspects of the major projects contract development process.
- Degree in business or technical/science discipline; Certification within Professional Supply Chain organization (i.e. CPP/C.P.M. or equivalent) would be considered an asset.
- 10 years direct experience in Supply Chain Management of major project.
- Intermediate to Expert Contracting Skills.
- Experience in Major Projects/Construction Services Contracting.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills; including writing, awarding, and administering professionally complex contracts.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- International experience or exposure to a multi-cultural business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, prepare, negotiate and execute a contract strategy.
- Ability to prepare complex contract documents and to finalise terms/resolve claims through negotiation.
- Understands internal and external drivers and can clearly develop a business case.
- Overcomes obstacles and adapts approach to achieve desired results.
- A team player in a multi-cultural environment and will interact at all levels within the corporate Dover organization.
- Demonstrated continuous efforts to improve project performances, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively and jointly to provide quality seamless client service.
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.