Reporting to the Senior Regulatory Advisor and Manager of Regulatory and Stakeholder affairs, the Regulatory Advisor is responsible for providing regulatory assistance and advice primarily to the operations and development team.
• Act as regulatory lead on applications to support drilling and seismic programs, pipelines, roads, and the construction and operations of major projects.
• Provide support to the Senior Regulatory Advisor on major development applications.
• Coordinate the approval of AESRD Surface Land Dispositions, ERCB D56 licenses, and Pre-Disturbance Assessments.
• Liaise with internal teams (reservoir, geology, engineering, and drilling) regarding information needs for regulatory submissions.
• Manage activities of external consultants hired to assist with regulatory submissions.
• Compile and edit regulatory submissions.
• Liaise with Government Agencies, Multi-stakeholder Groups and other Industrial Operators.
• Engage and work with Stakeholder Affairs to complete project consultation activities.
• Comprehend and communicate regulatory requirements.
• Post Secondary education in an Engineering or Science discipline.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Regulatory or Environmental experience in the Oil and Gas sector.
• Experience working with AESRD, the ERCB, and the AUC considered an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid working knowledge of the political and regulatory environment in oil and gas industry.
• Experience in the oil sands considered an asset.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.