Senior Regulatory Advisor
Reporting to the Manager of Regulatory and Stakeholder affairs, the Senior Regulatory Advisor is responsible for providing regulatory assistance and advice primarily to the operations and development team.
- Act as regulatory lead on major development applications for SAGD operations, pipelines and power infrastructure.
- Coordinate the necessary environmental impact assessments and field work required to support major development applications.
- Schedule and coordinate all regulatory approvals required prior to construction of major projects, including and not limited to, AESRD Surface Land Dispositions, ERCB D56 licenses, and Pre-Disturbance Assessments.
- Responsible for budgeting, scheduling and completion of regulatory applications.
- Liaise with internal teams (reservoir, geology, and engineering) regarding information needs for regulatory submissions.
- Engage and work with Stakeholder Affairs to design and implement project consultation plans.
- Manage external consultants hired to assist with regulatory submissions.
- Provide advice to internal teams on regulatory planning and strategy.
- Liaise with Government Agencies, Multi-stakeholder Groups and other Industrial Operators.
- Comprehend and communicate regulatory requirements.
Provide direction and mentorship to regulatory advisors.
• Engineering or Environmental science degree.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years of Regulatory or Environmental experience in the Oil and Gas sector.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience working with AESRD, the ERCB, and the AUC considered an asset.
• Solid working knowledge of the political and regulatory environment in oil and gas industry.
• Experience in the oil sands considered an asset.
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.