Reporting to the Manager of Legal, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating contracts and providing legal guidance to the Project and Procurement departments.
- Review and/or draft contracts and other commercial instruments to ensure the company’s interests are protected
- Provide legal advice and guidance to internal clients
- Liaise with business units on contract negotiations and revisions
- Prepare briefing notes and summaries relating to current projects and issues
- Negotiate contracts with third parties
- Manage and maintain files independently
Support other business units on other legal matters as required:
- Monitor, track, research and proactively advise on significant changes in legislation potentially impacting oil sands projects and/or corporate operations
- Coordinate and monitor work of external counsel assisting on projects
- Assist Legal Department with other legal matters as requested (e.g. corporate filing, researching and developing practical solutions for various legal issues, maintaining/tracking legal records, etc.)
- Prepare briefing notes and summaries related to current projects and issues
- Minimum of 5+ years of legal experience
- LLB degree and membership in the Law Society of Alberta
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of disciplines and across all levels of the organization
- Oil and gas and oilsands project experience preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
Interested parties should fill out Dover’s job application form at http://www.doveropco.com/job-application-form.html. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Dover career opportunities please visit www.doveropco.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.