Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the Manager, Finance and the Finance team the Finance Assistant is responsible for all administrative duties within the group.
Provide Administrative support to the Finance team including:
- Scan and file all accounting vouchers and other documents for the group and upload to Coreworx;
- Track necessary tasks within the department ensuring completion on a daily, weekly or monthly basis;
- Assist with data entry using corporate accounting software in support of department budgeting and cost tracking activities;
- Assist with compiling reports, studies, presentations;
- Provide other general admin support, including:
- Record, type and distribute minutes for meetings as required;
- Manage the vacation calendar for the department;
- Organize/ coordinate events in/outside of office;
- Set-up audio and video conferencing and book meetings;
- Prepare and submit expenses;
- Collaborating with the corporate administrative team to ensure efficient resolution of administrative issues;
- Covering reception as required.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred
- Experience within Coreworx considered an asset
- Advanced proficiency in and strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with Microsoft Office Specialist Certification preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations, which often require tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Hands-on self-starter with a high degree of initiative, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational and time management skills
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.