Reporting to the Manager, Legal, the Legal Assistant is responsible for assisting the Brion Energy corporate lawyers with a wide range of practice management issues. The position is based in Calgary.
- Coordinating the gathering of information from various departments in preparation of contracts and other legal documents.
- Reviewing and processing contracts and other legal documents to ensure necessary provisions are contained therein.
- Drafting various legal documents for review as directed and maintaining corporate minute books and records.
- Developing and maintaining filing systems.
- Conducting legal research.
- Composing correspondence.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Preparing meeting materials and resolutions.
- Liaising extensively with client groups.
- Editing, formatting and printing letters, contracts, memos, reports, forms, labels and other printed material using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Four (4) years of previous Legal Assistant experience, preferably in a corporate/commercial environment
• Paralegal/Legal Assistant diploma
• An ability to prioritize work and effectively meet deadlines
• Must have strong background with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.