Reporting to the Manager, Legal, the Legal Assistant is responsible for assisting the Brion Energy corporate lawyers with a wide range of practice management issues. The position is based in Calgary.
• Providing legal assistant support to a growing legal team
• Developing and maintaining filing systems
• Opening files
• Filing correspondence/documents/material on both hard copy and electronic systems
• Editing, formatting and printing letter, contracts, memos, reports, forms, labels and other printed material using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Drafting various legal documents and/or correspondence for review, as directed
• Scheduling appointments
• Liaising with business units/client groups as necessary
• A minimum of 4 years of previous legal assistant experience, preferably in a corporate/commercial environment
• Legal Assistant diploma
• An ability to prioritize work and effectively meet deadlines
• Must have strong background with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.