Reporting to the Director, Procurement, but regularly taking direction from the Office Services Coordinator, the Procurement Assistant for the Procurement department is responsible for assisting the team in any required administrative tasks.
Assisting in all necessary administrative matters for the group:
- Recording, typing and distributing minutes for meetings along with loading approved minutes to Coreworx;
- Managing vacation and out of office for the Procurement team;
- Coordinating the daily flow of procurement documents requiring approval and ensures timely return to the originator;
- Maintaining Contractor procurement document tracking spreadsheets;
- Providing back-up coverage to corporate reception/administration as required;
- Collaborating with the corporate administrative team to ensure efficient resolution of administrative issues;
- Typing and distribution of correspondence such as contract amendments, letters, memos;
- Assist with the preparation of weekly and monthly reports;
- As requested, follows up on items requiring action, including obtaining information and preparing briefs on issues, resolving minor administrative matters and coordinating meetings;
- Numbering sequence and mailing documents in accordance with classification.
Assisting the Procurement team with the distribution, organization, documentation, tracking and maintenance of contracts, purchase orders, bids and procurement packages:
- Liaising with Document Control to maintain procurement department contract and PO numbers;
- Assisting with bid preparation, evaluation and award services;
- Organising and maintain Contract/PO Binders to ensure all required documents are on file;
- Following-up with suppliers/contractors to obtain documentation;
- Updating Contract Log/Tracking spreadsheets as required. Advising Procurement and Contract Specialists if amendments need to be made to Contracts/PO’s;
- Completing contract attests as required;
- Maintaining Bid Opening Spreadsheet files;
- Maintaining files on Contractors procurement packages;
- Maintaining Correspondence Register for control of classified documents;
- Tracking outstanding issues between Company and Contractors;
- Assist in tracking non-conformances and assisting in their resolution;
- Maintain Claims Log;
- Maintain Monthly Benefits Report.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Proficiency in and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with Microsoft Office. Specialist Certification preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations, which often require tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Evidence of sound judgment in supporting the overall success of the team and efficiently and effectively completing tasks/assignments/projects and adding value in the process.
- Hands-on self-starter with a high degree of initiative, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Oil and Gas experience considered and asset.
- Must be very well organized and able to create/maintain adequate filing systems.
- Must be able to type at 50+ words per minute.
Interested parties should fill out Dover’s job application form at http://www.doveropco.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Dover career opportunities please visit www.doveropco.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.