Control Room Operator
Reporting to the Shift Team Coordinator, the Control Room Operator (CRO) will provide a proactive focus to operation, monitoring and control in their area of responsibility. The CRO will respond to daily operations and maintenance activities while meeting production and HSSE targets. The CRO will support in optimizing plant efficiency and performance and troubleshooting during unusual or adverse conditions. This position works within a high involvement and exciting work environment.
This position will initially be based out of Calgary and will transition camp based position near Ft. McMurray, MacKay River Facility prior to the start up of the facility.
During commissioning and operating phases the schedule will consist of a 7 day on, 7 day off rotation alternating between days and nights.
- Meet the expectations and targets set out by Operation’s Group in the areas of safety, cost control, revenue generation, and organizational effectiveness by maintaining process targets.
- CRO’s will contribute to the high performance work team and identify opportunities to effectively manage the business.
- Will maintain skills in the technical and business process of the operation as well as retaining a working knowledge of the entire Complex.
- Focal point for troubleshooting, optimization and meeting operations targets to control key costs and improved reliability.
- Conduct work within the standards and policies in place.
- Maintain all HSSE and technical competency requirements.
- Promotes consistency within the operating areas with regards to operating practices and work quality.
- Accountability ("Ownership") for the Area to be maintained at a viable, efficient, reliable level.
- Monitors thermal efficiency of exchangers, heating and cooling systems.
- Ensures data collection is accurate completed in a timely manner.
- Clear communication and direction to plant and field operators.
- Promotes continuous improvement in plant operation and practices.
- Internal and external reporting requirements.
- Works within Emergency Response Plans as required.
- Participates in the development of SOP’s, Lock Out Tag Outs, safe operation of the facilities.
- Third class ticket minimum. Second Class Steam Certificate an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge of SAGD Operations, Process, Boilers and Water Treatment.
- DCS control room experience.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- PC skills.
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.