Reporting to the Maintenance Lead, the Maintenance Scheduler role is essential to ensuring that maintenance activities are scheduled for completion by their due date. It requires prioritizing the work for the maintenance execution schedule and matching the capacities of resources and service to the work. The Maintenance Scheduler is particularly accountable for managing the backlog. The integrated maintenance schedules reflect the integration of both Preventative and Corrective maintenance, and consider the 90, 14 & 7 day schedules.
This position will initially be based out of Calgary and will transition to Ft. McMurray, MacKay River Facility prior to the start up of the facility.
Once the Facility has started the schedule will consist of a 7 day on, 7 day off rotation.
- Accountable for the development of the maintenance schedule.
- Maintain a clear overview of the volume of prepared corrective maintenance backlog and prioritize when to bring the work into the schedule for execution.
- Keep contact with work preparation team and responsible personnel for job execution.
- Monitor KPI’s and identify actions required to meet compliance targets.
- Keep appraised of work execution constraints.
- Keep informed of available work centre capacities and campaign periods, highlighting upcoming constraints in time to mitigate them.
- Make suggestions on changes to trade mix to fit estimated work.
- Keep track of work order priorities.
- Follow the work flow process, monitor work orders at “execute phase” to ensure no work orders are scheduled in the past.
- Keep appraised of 90-day plans, particularly in relation to equipment stops, outages and shutdowns.
- Prepare draft schedule on basis of task contents, operational constraints and corrective work order priorities.
- Obtain approval of schedule.
- Communicate the schedule.
- Coordinate and attend all schedule cycle meetings.
- Must have journeyman trade certificate in maintenance related field (instrumentation, electrical, pipefitting, millwright).
- In depth knowledge of scheduling core crafts in a SAGD facility.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment in the maintenance of SAGD facilities.
- Skill in using a CMMS maintenance scheduling system.
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance practices and principles.
- Skill in the use of scheduling tools such as Gantt charts, CMMS scheduling module and resource histograms.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing work based on critical systems and equipment requirements, project commitments, age of work orders and resource availability.
- Capable of balancing multiple tasks to achieve results with weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Self starter with a high degree of initiative, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
Interested parties should fill out Dover’s job application form at http://www.doveropco.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Dover career opportunities please visit www.doveropco.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.