Maintenance Instrumentation Technician
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Instrumentation Technician is responsible for all aspects of maintenance and repair of instrumentation equipment to ensure both short and long term safe, reliable and cost effective production in accordance with company policies and relevant government standards and codes.
This position will initially be based out of Calgary and will transition to Ft. McMurray, MacKay River Facility prior to the start up of the facility.
Once the Facility has started the schedule will consist of a 7 day on, 7 day off rotation.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain instrumentation equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all work done complies with the Dover Sustainable Development Requirements.
- Identify and develop maintenance procedures and spare parts lists.
- Implement predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Provide technical expertise to improve reliability and performance of assets.
- Execute approved plant modifications and additions, support projects group as required.
- Provide input to maintenance plans and scheduled turnarounds/shut downs.
- Oversee contractors and related trades people.
- Must have a valid Journeyman Instrument Technician Certificate.
- Preference may be given to candidates possessing Journeyman Electrical Certificate as well as Diploma in Industrial Instrumentation Technology.
- Preference may also be given to candidates possessing Journeyman Electrician and Instrumentation Certificates (Dual ticket E and I).
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting instrumentation and process control equipment within a large industrial setting is a must.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities in resolving technical problems.
- The ability to work safely and independently and lead or take initiative on most jobs as well as being able to work well in a team oriented environment.
- Knowledge of continuous emissions monitoring systems, and applicable legislative requirements.
- Experience working with metering systems.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment in the maintenance of SAGD operating facility.
- Skill in identification of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work assignments.
- Experience using CMMS to record and review work order technical history.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Interested parties should fill out Dover’s job application form at http://www.doveropco.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Dover career opportunities please visit www.doveropco.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.