Field Operations Manager, Dover North Commercial Project
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Field Operations Manager-Dover North is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of the Dover North Commercial Project SAGD facility and wells.
Initially this position will be based out of Calgary, then Fort McMurray prior to start up of the Plant.
Once the Facility has started the schedule will consist of a 4 day on, 3 day off rotation.
Ensures company goals, practices and targets are understood:
- Clear communication to all management team members as well as staff;
- HSE is maintained as the number one priority in job planning and execution;
- Ensures HSE reporting is part of the daily work activity with near misses, incidents and corrective action plans;
- Daily operations are focused on achieving short and long term goals;
- Development of innovative systems and tools to measure and communicate production rates, energy consumption and materials in comparison to targets.
Oversee daily operation of the facility:
- Ensures data collection in maintained in a timely and accurate manner;
- Leads daily meetings of management with strong focus on HSE awareness and reporting;
- Maintains open communication within and between departments;
- Promotes continuous improvement in plant operations and practices;
- Maintains a culture of accountability;
- Focuses on education and technical understanding of operations and maintenance staff;
- Is a key point of contact for information and communication with MacKay River Leadership Team;
- Leads and demonstrates a workplace of professionalism and respect.
Business and Asset Management:
- Adheres and understands all procurement and contract practices;
- Ensures audits and inspections of equipment are carried out and reviewed for improved reliability and run time;
- Adheres to QA/QC programs and supports when required;
- Mentors awareness of company policies and legislation requirements;
- Develops staff progression, retention and recruiting in line with growth of production and facilities;
- Encourages and rewards for seeking out and developing “best practices”;
- Develops the budget for operations, maintenance, turnarounds and projects.
- 10 + years of previous experience as a Foreman, Superintendent or Manager.
- 10 + years of experience with SAGD or Heavy Oil Facilities would be an asset.
- Proficient in using MS office packages.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, and customer-service skills.
- Clear understanding of SAGD facility Operating requirements to enable the facility to achieve its goals in all facets of Operational Excellence.
- Strong leadership skills required to lead and manage a diverse team of employees.
- Strong organizational skills.
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.