Project Engineer-Field Facilities
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Engineer– Field Facilities will have overall accountability within a multi-disciplinary environment for the successful execution of the assigned portion of the Dover North Commercial Project Field Facilities. The incumbent will be part of a team dealing with technical issues from all participants and will play a key role in ensuring that technical designs align with the business objectives and the execution plans. Key responsibilities are to monitor, review and guide the engineering services contractor’s design teams and to coordinate construction in the field.
Support the first phases of the Dover North Commercial Project:
- Assist the Project Manager in carrying out the design development and procurement for the surface field facilities;
- Provide day to day management of engineering contractors as a company representative during project planning, engineering, procurement and plant construction;
- Participate in design reviews and HAZOP’s;
- Review project progress and take action when required to rectify issues that arise;
- Manage the execution of assigned project scopes and employ management of change processes to keep the project plans up-to-date and actionable;
- Ensure involvement of all affected discipline leads for design changes, specification changes, decisions and new information received from the EPC, vendors or task force members;
- Create and manage Change Orders and Trends, internally and with EP Contractor;
- Manage internal Dover interfaces (GRD, D&C, HSSE, Infrastructure, Engineering Services, etc.) and provide support where necessary;
- Manage external interfaces between engineering, construction, and other third party contractors and provide support where necessary;
- Reviewing and optimizing the specification and selection of tagged equipment, equipment general arrangements, piping layouts, etc.
Support future phases of Dover’s projects:
- Participate in design reviews and project meetings for subsequent phases (FEED, detailed design and construction) of the project;
- Provide technical assistance for construction, construction coordination and plant commissioning;
- Development and alignment of the technical designs, specifications and work packages to meet the project business objectives and execution strategies;
- Assist in project planning and making key decisions;
- Ensure all activities comply with regulatory, safety, and environmental policies, procedures and approvals;
- Support the development of technical specifications and standards, as required;
- Provides the primary interface between all key stakeholder groups involved in design, construction and commissioning for assigned scope. These stakeholder groups include multiple internal contacts as well as external interfaces with our Engineering Service Providers, equipment vendors and construction.
- Must be a Professional Engineer with membership or eligibility for membership in APEGA.
- B. Sc. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
- P.Eng with 10+ years engineering experience, with progressive roles in Project Engineering and relevant experience in a SAGD or oil sands environment.
- Experience with plant construction, commissioning and start-ups is desired.
- Familiar with thermal recovery facilities and operations (CPF and FF).
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team with solid leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, and computer skills.
- Familiar with AMSE Section VIII, B31.3, CSA Z662, API, ERCB Rules, Regulations and Requirements.
- Some travel to the field will be required.
Interested parties should fill out Dover’s job application form at http://www.doveropco.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Dover career opportunities please visit www.doveropco.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.