Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, the Maintenance Superintendent provides strong visible leadership within the Maintenance group in the areas of safety, sustainable development, cost control, revenue generation and organizational effectiveness by managing the process and securing the resources to effectively manage Maintenance. The Maintenance Superintendent will be responsible for Dover Maintenance employees and indirectly responsible for contract Maintenance employees. This successful candidate will also be responsible for the Maintenance budget for the Plant and Field Operations as well as indirectly responsible for the budget process for the facility Projects Team.
This position will initially be based out of Calgary and will transition to Ft. McMurray, MacKay River Facility prior to the start up of the facility. Once the Facility has started the schedule will consist of a 7 day on, 7 day off rotation.
- Skills identification, technical development, mentoring, succession planning and training of a competent work force.
- Accountable for the maintenance budget.
- Develop, implement and champion the Maintenance Business Process, including performance measurement.
- Demonstrate support for the corporate position on HSE, diversity and respectful workplace.
- Lead efforts in achieving targets for reliability, availability and HSE performance for the facility through the use of work processes and HSE tools.
- Ensure all employees understand and are accountable to their HSE roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and achieve targets for annual maintenance costs.
- Maintenance of the facility assets in a safe, sustainable manner, ensuring all external regulatory, community commitments and internal corporate standards are met.
- Identify and execute opportunities for continuous improvement of the maintenance management processes.
- Assist in the development of long term project plans/strategies, with improvement considerations.
- Support development and implementation of asset integrity plans.
- Accountability for the organizational effectiveness of the Maintenance organization.
- Play an active role in the facility ERP team.
- Track and analyze key maintenance measures such as PM/CM Compliance, Scheduling measures, maintenance costs etc.
- Ensure maintenance repairs are completed in a cost effective manner.
- Reviewing staff’s personal development plans.
- Minimum 10 years of SAGD Maintenance experience with a Journeyman trades ticket or Technical equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership position.
- Understanding of all of the work processes required to enable the facility to achieve its goals in all facets of Operations Excellence.
- Strong leadership skills to lead and manage a diverse group of employees, excellent communication and interpersonal, a high level of competency in RCM, Reliability and RCA processes, knowledge of HSE-MS with emphasis on risk assessment and HTA.
- Experience with budgeting and financial accountability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and get work done through self and others; results orientated and effective delegator.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not mandatory.
Interested parties should fill out Dover’s job application form at http://www.doveropco.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Dover career opportunities please visit www.doveropco.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.