Reporting to the Shift Team Coordinator, the Utilities Operator will provide a proactive focus to operation in their area of responsibility. The Utilities Operator will respond to daily operations and maintenance activities while meeting production and HSSE targets. The Utilities Operator will support in optimizing plant efficiency and performance and troubleshooting during unusual or adverse conditions. This position works within a high involvement and exciting work environment.
This position will initially be based out of Calgary and will transition to a camp based position near Ft. McMurray, MacKay River Facility prior to the start up of the facility.
During commissioning and operating phases the schedule will consist of a 7 days on, 7 days off rotation alternating between days and nights.
- Meet the expectations and target set out for the operations group.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable about the Utility Operations both in the technical and business process of drum type boilers, evaporators and concentrators.
- •Focal point for troubleshooting, optimization and meeting operations targets for the Utilities unit to control key costs and improved reliability.
- Implement equipment isolation and support, unit shutdowns and projects to minimize production outages.
- Maintain an overview on the reliability and utilization of the Utilities unit to improve and maintain it above the target.
- Third class ticket minimum willing to work towards a Second Class Steam Certificate
- Strong technical knowledge of Process SAGD Operations with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- PC skills.
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
Interested parties should fill out Dover’s job application form at http://www.doveropco.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Dover career opportunities please visit www.doveropco.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.