SAGD Production Engineer
Dover Operating Corp. is currently looking for a Production Engineer to manage the production engineering efforts necessary to support the development of its MacKay River in situ oil sands project. The position will report to the Production Operations Manager. The position will be based in Calgary.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Evaluation and recommendation of various thermal well technologies including artificial lift, strumentation and completions.
• Ensuring optimized design and implementation of new well completion, artificial lift and associated projects.
• Support SAGD drilling operations scheduled to commence in Q3 2012.
• Providing support to the regulatory process as required.
• Collaborate with measurement specialists to generate the measurement and accounting reporting plan as required.
• Overseeing regulatory compliance testing and reporting, including the annual in-situ progress reports.
• Develop and prepare internal operational reports for all shareholders levels.
• Working closely with the operations and facilities teams to maximize profitability through the detailed design process through to start-up and SAGD operation.
• Developing Production Engineering portions of depletion and development plans.
• Develop a detailed well start-up plan managing simultaneous operations to optimize the production ramp-up.
• Preparation of technical presentations and documents for senior management and shareholders.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions.
• Minimum 5 years of in situ oil sands or related production engineering experience preferred.
• Relevant undergraduate degree in Engineering and APEGGA Professional Engineer Accreditation.
• Significant experience in SAGD wellbore modelling, artificial lift systems, instrumentation, and well completion technologies.
• Good understanding of SAGD well and facility operations.
• Demonstrated business acumen for economic recommendation of projects.
• Strong oral and written communication, organizational, and leadership skills complemented with a strong work ethic.
• Strong computer skills (MS products - Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project).
• Fluent in English.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.