Community Engagement Advisor
Reporting to the Manager of Regulatory and Stakeholder Affairs, the Community Engagement Advisor is based in Fort McMurray and is responsible for meeting Brion's community engagement needs while supporting Brion’s requirements around communications, administration, procurement and regulatory consultation.
- Continue the implementation of Brion's Community and Stakeholder Engagement policy
- Develop and foster positive working relationships with key stakeholders and communities in support of Brion's projects
- Monitor and manage community and political issues and keep Brion's Regulatory and Stakeholder Affairs Team informed of potential or emerging issues and opportunities
- Assist in the implementation of Brion's Impact Benefit and community based agreements
- Recommend community investment opportunities consistent with Brion's community investment policy
- Support Brion's Fort McMurray office by maintaining a presence in the community
- Assist the Regulatory and Stakeholder Affairs Team with the administration of First Nations regulatory consultation and tracking of consultation efforts
- Aid in the implementation of Brion's local and aboriginal procurement and business contracting policy and strategies
- Support the implementation of Aboriginal awareness training programs as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct Oil Sands specific aboriginal relations, or community relations experience, related experience in inter-cultural and indigenous contexts also considered
- University or college degree in social sciences, humanities or related field
- Knowledge of and experience in TEK, community development, northern governance, regulatory consultation (aboriginal or stakeholder)
- Excellent communication, public speaking, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Solid working knowledge of the political, environmental and regulatory issues in the Oil Sands
Excellent organizational, administrative, writing, and reporting skills
- Sensitivity to Oil Sands specific cultural/community processes, approaches and experiences
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.