Reporting to the Manager of Legal, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating contracts and providing legal guidance to the Project and Procurement departments.
Review and/or draft contracts and other commercial instruments to ensure the company’s interests are protected:
- Provide legal advice and guidance to internal clients;
- Liaise with business units on contract negotiations and revisions;
- Prepare briefing notes and summaries relating to current projects and issues;
- Negotiate contracts with third parties;
- Manage and maintain files independently.
Support other business units on other legal matters as required:
- Monitor, track, research and proactively advise on significant changes in legislation potentially impacting oil sands projects and/or corporate operations;
- Coordinate and monitor work of external counsel assisting on projects;
- Assist Legal Department with other legal matters as requested (e.g. corporate filing, researching and developing practical solutions for various legal issues, maintaining/tracking legal records, etc.);
- Prepare briefing notes and summaries related to current projects and issues.
• Minimum of 5+ years of legal experience
• LLB degree and membership in the Law Society of Alberta
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of disciplines and across all levels of the organization
• Oil and gas and oilsands project experience preferred
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.