Reporting to the Director, Procurement, the Buyer is responsible for executing high value orders and purchase agreements. This role will assist in the efficient procurement of high profile, high value materials, equipment and services. The Buyer will also develop sources of supply, optimize supply agreements and ensure that the end users' needs are fully met. This position is based in Calgary.
Develop, track and adhere to contracts:
- Utilize contracts created by the Procurement Team to ensure materials and services are procured as required.
- Develop short form contracts for the procurement of materials and services.
Review and resolve issues with purchase orders, invoices and shipments:
- Resolve invoice and/or payment issues related to purchase orders.
- Create and change purchase orders
- Assist in resolution of incomplete or incorrect shipments with the supplier.
- Review purchasing requirements for materials and services, obtaining additional information as required.
Assist in assessing suppliers, conducting negotiations and responding to inquiries:
- Assess and recommend procurement options based on business unit requirements, identifying potential suppliers.
- Conduct negotiations with selected suppliers to procure materials and services.
- Respond to supplier and business partner inquiries.
- Develops innovative procurement strategies, tactics and plans; considers short and long term company objectives and market developments.
- Measure supplier performance using KPI driven score cards and report to the management
- Work closely with the business unit to acquire “lessons learnt” and provide feedback to Category Management
- A business or Supply Chain Management degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience within the oil and gas sector on major projects preferably with SAGD operations.
- Experience in supplier analysis, screening and selection.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and executing contractual terms and conditions.
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Self-starter and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- A team player in a multi-cultural environment and will interact at all levels within the corporate Dover Opco organization.
- Demonstrated continuous efforts to improve project performances, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively and jointly to provide quality seamless Client service.
Interested parties should fill out Brion's job application form at http://www.brionenergy.com/job-application-form.html . Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.
To see other Brion Energy career opportunities please visit www.brionenergy.com/careers.html
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.