Project Procurement Manager
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the Project Procurement Manager will be responsible for all overall Procurement strategy and activities pertaining to our multi-billion dollar Major Capital Projects spend. To be able to undertake this senior role, the ideal candidate should have a broad spectrum of supply chain knowledge and experience. This position is based in Calgary.
1. Develop and implement procedures, policies, budgets and strategies:
a. Define long-term service/commodity strategy in-line with company objectives as they relate to Major Capital Projects. Responsible for integrating, guidelines and policies into common and category based procedures and instructions
b. Develop and establish project procurement policies, procedures, and processes to allow development of Procurement Plans that support the project’s goals and objectives
c. Drive global toolkit strategies in support of design, construction and procurement requirements
d. Develop Procurement budgets for support of project activities
e. Develop Procurement organisation plans to support the project through the various stage gates
f. Establish defined practices, methods, and techniques for supplier management, including supplier key performance indicators & scorecard development, data collection & measurement, quarterly vendor reviews, and contractor management.
g. Develop project scope, high level schedules, budgets and bid documents and ensure compliance.
2. Lead the Project Procurement Team and oversee the Procurement process:
a. Lead a team of procurement experts in various specialties assigned to ensure delivery of materials, supplies, equipment and services to meet project requirements
b. Oversee the management and administration of a wide range of contracting strategies, including consultancy, DBM, FEED, EPC, engineering and construction contracts; prepare RFQ/RFPs, review and evaluate proposals, interview proponents, prepare contracts and manage for compliance with contract provisions, budgets and schedules.
c. Lead project Supplier and/or Subcontractor identification, qualification, and approval.
d. Drive rationalisation exercise to ensure vendor base is optimum sized for maximum volume/cost savings leverage and that vendor capacity/capability meet demand requirements and objectives.
e. Lead sourcing estimate and proposal activities, pricing negotiations, and execution with Suppliers and/or Subcontractors.
f. Periodic assessment of project(s) Suppliers/Subcontractors
g. Analyse schedule, quality, and financial performance of subcontract suppliers
h. Negotiate, establish, and monitor payment terms, to include the review, processing, and payment of subcontract supplier invoices
i. Management of expediting, logistics and traffic with respect to the delivery of supplier equipment and materials delivered to the desired delivery location
3. Coordinate with internal teams, suppliers and vendors
a. Interface closely with Project Management to ensure appropriate sourcing measures and metrics are in place and deployed
b. Counsel, assist and direct subordinates in accomplishing the project procurement objectives. Identify, develop and implement training to enable staff to more efficiently and effectively perform assigned functions. Encourage and promote innovation in obtaining procurement objectives.
c. Work with Projects management to develop annual and long range resource staffing plan for Project requirements
d. Act as a subject matter expert providing guidance related to appropriate procurement and engagement strategies and objectives, with consideration to broader long-term opportunities.
e. Coordinate with PMT and Legal in applicable Terms and Conditions development.
f. Coordinate inspection and Factory Acceptance Testing with Engineering and Quality Management.
g. Team with Project Management and Global Sourcing to develop Project Procurement Plan to support Project deliverables
• A degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree/diploma.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or equivalent training/certification (or related professional designation) is an asset.
• A minimum of 15 years related experience working on a broad range of projects and/or major operational activities within the oil and gas and/or process/chemical sectors. Experience with SAGD operations is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with procurement best practices, import regulations, competitive bidding, market conditions, general contract terms and conditions.
• Strong financial abilities and experience managing procurement spending in excess of $750 million.
• Proven experience in supervising and mentoring others in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with conflicting priorities and limited time available.
• Negotiation skills, including the ability to reconcile conflicting service and financial requirements and to recover compensation for poor performance. Overcomes obstacles and adapts approach to achieve desired results.
• Demonstrate excellent presentational skills and ability to work at the most senior levels within the company, governmental agencies, suppliers and contractors. An assured and competent personal style providing confidence in those one interfaces with.
• Use software tools and personal computers for technical analysis, word processing, presentations, and spreadsheet applications.
• A team player in a multi-cultural environment and will interact at all levels within the corporate Dover Opco organization.
• Demonstrated continuous efforts to improve project performances, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively and jointly to provide quality seamless Client service.
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.