Accounts Payable Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accounts Payable Analyst will be responsible for providing financial and administrative assistance in order to assure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. This position is based in Calgary.
• Daily entry of vendor invoices into QByte accounting system
• Attest vendor invoices in accordance to invoice payment procedure
• Respond to vendor queries in a timely and professional manner
• Assist with Joint Venture financial reporting, cost reporting and variance review (capital, G&A, operating, and Balance Sheet)
• Assist with monthly reconciliations (i.e. bank reconciliation)
• Continuous improvement of accounting processes and tools
• Prioritize and manage daily responsibilities to meet monthly accounting deadlines
• Liaise with all departments as necessary to efficiently complete responsibilities
• Other Joint Venture financial, reporting, analysis tasks as assigned
• Knowledge of Oilsands business is considered an asset
• 1-3 years Junior Accounting/Accounts Payable experience
• Degree / Diploma and working towards a professional accounting designation
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work on any task when required, including providing back-up reception as required
Interested parties should fill out Brion’s job application form. Please attach your resume along with a covering letter (in the same document) highlighting your directly related previous experience and accomplishments.